Are you an Accountant? Click Our Blog – Spigot, Inc. Needs You!
Spigot, Inc.’s products keep driving profit – so we have to expand our Finance and Accounting Teams! Due to the pandemic and everyone at home, we have a ton of additional traffic to our products. We are looking for an additional Accountant to join our Kansas City, MO location. Employees are currently working remote – and have no problem starting an employee with remote work, as long as they are willing to go into the office when we are all able to. The Kansas City office is located in the heart of downtown inside of the WeWork building. Employees get to enjoy a fun open-air office, with an outside rooftop work area! Check out the job desc. below and apply on our website or Linkedin if you’re interested!
- Spigot is looking to grow its Accounting Department with the addition of a Senior Corporate Accountant based in Kansas City, MO.
- This position will report to the Controller. The candidate is responsible for the month-end financial close process, preparation and distribution of various financial statements and reports to stakeholders and ensuring that all transactions and documentation complies with US GAAP.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Manage daily activities for the Accounting Department, including accounts receivable, accounts payable and Treasury.
- Manage the month-end general ledger close process, including reconciliations and analysis of related accounts.
- Manage the preparation and distribution of internal financial statements and reports.
- Manage the US federal and state tax provision, forecasting, and compliance.
- Support the external audit through the preparation of PBC schedules and responding to auditor inquiries.
- Develop and maintain the integrity of the financial reporting process and financial controls.
- Coordinate, develop, and update accounting policies and procedures.
- Compose technical accounting memorandums by analyzing authoritative accounting literature.
- Maintain and strengthen internal controls over financial reporting.
- Support the Controller with ad-hoc requests and special projects.
- BS Accounting or Finance; MBA or MAcc Accounting preferred.
- CPA required.
- 3+years of experience in finance, corporate accounting or public accounting; bigfour tax or audit experience preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite; Word, Visio and Excel.
- NetSuite ERP experience preferred.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge including US GAAP, IFRS and PRC GAAP.
- Excellent communication skills, analytical skills and attention to detail required.
- Strong business acumen, action oriented, assertive and confident.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects/tasks within a fast-paced decentralized organization and meet tight deadlines.
- Provide direct support regarding financial results and projections including the ability to prepare and articulate strategic recommendations to management.
- Personal commitment to the highest level of integrity.
- Strong desire to grow personally and professionally and make a direct contribution to the company.
Spigot, Inc. has an amazing culture with a really laid-back fun work environment. We offer amazing benefits periodic company paid travel to FL, (100$ Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance paid, 401k Match, Unlimited Vacation Days & FREE LUNCH & Snacks). Send your resume to email@example.com for review! Check out all of our adventures on the Spigot Inc blog. Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram… like us on Facebook and never miss out on the Spigot, Inc. lifestyle!