Our Kansas City Office is Looking For an Accountant!
Posted: September 17, 2019 8:28 pm
Do you thrive on numbers, math and accounting? Spigot, Inc. has the perfect position for you! We are looking for a Senior level Accountant in our awesome Kansas City office! Our KC office has an awesome rooftop area where employees have the opportunity to go work, not only that they are surrounded by awesome bars and restaurants! Check out the job desc. below to find out more!
- Spigot is looking to grow its Accounting Department with the addition of a Senior Corporate Accountant based in Kansas City, MO or Fort Myers, FL.
- Reports to Controller, the candidate is responsible for the month-end financial close process, preparation and distribution of various financial statements and reports to stakeholders and ensuring that all transactions and documentation complies with US GAAP.
- BS Accounting or Finance; MBA or MAcc Accounting preferred.
- CPA required.
- 4+ years of experience in finance, corporate accounting or public accounting; big four tax or audit experience preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite; Word, Visio and Excel.
- NetSuite ERP experience preferred.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge including US GAAP, IFRS and PRC GAAP.
- Excellent communication skills, analytical skills and attention to detail required.
- Strong business acumen, action oriented, assertive and confident.
- Able to work independently on multiple projects/tasks within a fast-paced decentralized organization and meet tight deadlines.
- Provide direct support regarding financial results and projections including the ability to prepare and articulate strategic recommendations to management.
- Personal commitment to the highest level of integrity.
- Strong desire to grow personally and professionally and make a direct contribution to the company.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Manage daily activities for the Accounting Department; including accounts receivable, accounts payable and Treasury.
- Manage the month-end general ledger close process, including reconciliations and analysis of related accounts.
- Manage the preparation and distribution of internal financial statements and reports.
- Manage the US federal and state tax provision, forecasting, and compliance.
- Support the external audit through the preparation of PBC schedules and responding to auditor inquiries.
- Develop and maintain the integrity of the financial reporting process and financial controls.
- Coordinate, develop, and update accounting policies and procedures.
- Compose technical accounting memorandums by analyzing authoritative accounting literature.
- Maintain and strengthen internal controls over financial reporting.
- Support the Controller with ad-hoc requests and special projects.
If you feel like you have the drive and passion to launch your career in dynamic and laid back culture, Spigot, Inc would like to speak with you. Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com for review! Again, check out all of our adventures on the Spigot Inc blog.
May 25, 2021
May 17, 2021
May 11, 2021