Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst
Spigot is a global multi-platform application development company. We focus on building highly effective digital offerings that can maximize value for our advertisers, publishers, partners, and users. Spigot operates in 7 different product lines on a global landscape. We have products that include iOS applications, Android applications, Google extensions, desktop apps, digital media, and digital advertising; we also partner with top-tier companies and are currently Yahoo’s #2 partner for driving traffic. These diverse mobile and web solutions allow advertisers to optimize for a highly targeted audience reach. Combining best-in-class industry expertise and consumer interests with proprietary big-data insights, we develop fine-tuned apps that offer optimal user engagement at scale.
Our success is fueled by employee innovation, data-driven decisions, and a startup mentality. We’re talking top-tier healthcare benefits, unlimited PTO, free lunches, flexible work schedules, numerous company outings, coffee, drinks, snacks, and an all-star group of talented professionals.
We are looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to show off their data skills to help drive growth and innovation in one of our industry-leading in-house product teams. You will collaborate with various stakeholders across the product team (Product/Project Management, Development, Quality Assurance, User Acquisition, User Experience) to understand their data needs, provide recommendations, and support data-driven decision-making. If you are enthusiastic about data, analytics, and technology, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Where You’ll Make an Impact
- Translate complex analyses into actionable insights for presentation to Operations, key stakeholders, and executive leadership
- Develop and maintain SQL queries and scripts for data analysis and reporting
- Continuously monitor data quality and proactively address data-related issues
- Contribute to the development and optimization of data processes and workflows
- You will have the opportunity to utilize strong management skills and complete daily responsibilities with minimal oversight
- Develop and maintain positive service-oriented relationships with Senior Leadership, key stakeholders, and Operations
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. / B. S.) from a four-year College/university
- 3+ years of firsthand experience in management/analysis of data within a Structured Query Language (SQL) database (Preferred: Google BigQuery, Microsoft SQL Server, Amazon Redshift) with proven SQL and query writing skills
- Experience in Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (ETL) Data
- Experience collecting and analyzing data and reporting on the results using Excel or a statistical software package
- Demonstrated ability to extract and assimilate data from multiple sources and communicate analysis in a concise, easy-to-understand, and actionable format
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Keen sense of responsibility, ownership, and pride in delivering quality results and understanding the business impact
- Relationship and communication skills to effectively build partnerships, including the ability to ask questions to gain understanding and influence others with differing points of view
- Strong understanding of reporting best practices and experience with defining, developing, and delivering data that enables various business teams to make critical business decisions
- Strong ability to learn new tools, forecast trends, and enable actionable plans