Financial Systems Analyst
Spigot is a global multi-platform application developer. We design, develop, and distribute highly effective digital offerings to maximize value for our advertisers, publishers, partners, and users. We engineer, own, and operate consumer products including mobile and desktop applications, browsers, and content. Spigot partners directly with top-tier technology leaders including Google, Facebook, Apple, and Yahoo. Our diverse solutions allow advertisers to optimize for highly targeted audience reach. Combining best-in-class industry expertise and consumer interests with proprietary big-data insights, we develop and fine-tune products that offer optimal user engagement on a global scale.
Our success is fueled by employee innovation, data-driven decisions, and a startup mentality. Employees enjoy top-tier health care benefits, free lunches/drinks/snacks, flexible work schedules, company outings, international travel, casual dress, a work hard/play hard environment, and an all-star group of talented professionals.
Spigot is seeking a highly motivated Data Analyst. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of data flows, structures, and SQL. Basic knowledge of an Income Statement is preferred. This high-visibility role maintains, enhances, and reports financial information from an internally developed, proprietary reporting system. After years of accessing data across Spigot’s business units and collaborating with Business Intelligence and Accounting, the candidate will be uniquely positioned to move anywhere within the organization.
Where You’ll Make an Impact:
- Full responsibility for daily/weekly/monthly financial and operational reporting to senior management and underlying data required
- Build, manage, and maintain databases, tables, queries, and Excel-based financial and operations dashboards
- Ensure data integrity in a complex multi-server database environment and coordinate the flow of information between all departments responsible for data elements
- Build, manage, and maintain online dashboards via business intelligence platforms
- Continual process improvement and automation
- Collaborate with the Accounting team during month-end close
- Provide data analysis and recommendations to managers across all business lines; massive data mining opportunities
- Collaborate with the Finance team during weekly forecasting and semi-annual budget process
- Present financial results to staff regularly
- Ad-hoc analyses and presentation of findings
Who You Are:
- 2+ Years of experience in Data or Financial Analytics
- Must exhibit intermediate knowledge of SQL
- Strong MS Office skills, especially in Excel and PowerPoint
- Exposure to Business Intelligence Tools such as Power BI or Redash and a strong desire to learn more
- Detail-oriented, analytical, profit-oriented, and possess strong presentation skills
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial drive that enjoys fast-paced change
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Data Analytics