Spigot is a global multi-platform application development company. We focus on building highly effective digital offerings that can maximize value for our advertisers, publishers, partners, and users. Spigot operates in 7 different product lines on a global landscape. We have products that include iOS applications, Android applications, Google extensions, desktop apps, digital media, and digital advertising; we also partner with top-tier companies and are currently Yahoo’s #2 partner for driving traffic. These diverse mobile and web solutions allow advertisers to optimize for a highly targeted audience reach. Combining best-in-class industry expertise and consumer interests with proprietary big-data insights, we develop fine-tuned apps that offer optimal user engagement at scale.
Our success is fueled by employee innovation, data-driven decisions, and a startup mentality. We’re talking top-tier healthcare benefits, unlimited PTO, free lunches, flexible work schedules, numerous company outings, coffee, drinks, snacks, and an all-star group of talented professionals.
The Staff Accountant will have the opportunity to join our dynamic, forward-thinking team that’s committed to driving value for the organization through continuous learning and process improvement. Our lean operating model will allow you to work collaboratively with other departments to quickly develop a high-level understanding of the business, presenting opportunities for analytical projects that expand outside normal month-end close responsibilities.
Where You’ll Make an Impact
- General Ledger: participate in various aspects of the month-end close process including the preparation of journal entries such as recording and releasing accrued and prepaid expenses, preparing balance sheet reconciliations, maintaining intangible assets register, and recording monthly amortization expense
- Bank Reconciliations: perform monthly bank reconciliations
- Accounts Receivable: record customer invoices and payments, liaise with Account Managers on past due accounts
- Accounts Payable: record vendor invoices and work with Accounting Manager to process payments; liaise with Account Managers on past-due accounts
- Intercompany: assist with monthly affiliated party transactions, reconciliations, and payments
- Audit: assist with the annual financial statement audit
- Support the Accounting Manager with ad-hoc requests and special projects as directed by management
- Maintain corporate records, reports, and files in an organized manner
- Help to ensure that the company is operating securely and effectively
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance required
- Professional experience in accounting or a related field preferred
- Foundational understanding of US GAAP
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work cross-functionally to drive value for the organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Effective prioritization of daily tasks to ensure all obligations are met timely.
- Experience working with NetSuite or Quickbooks preferred